Saturday, September 6, 2008

Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

I took Andrew and his friend Ben to my old place of employment, the good old Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. I used to work in their accounting department. Fun bunch of people we accountants are. Unfortunately I quit my job there before they moved into this gorgeous new building. I bumped into an old coworker the other day and she informed me they were having a bear awareness thing for kids today, and I decided since I had yet to see the new place, I'd take the boys and check it out.



Climbing the trees outside
Petting the local wildlife. Yes, of course it's stuffed.
They were most interested in the elk poop display.

The boys got to make casts of animal tracks but I forgot to take a picture of that. As we were leaving, a guy was calling people over for a pepper spray demonstration. Sign me up for that. That sounds fantastic. Now I'm sure the guy was spraying something non-peppery but let me remind you that this is Montana and you just never know.

No comments: