Saturday, September 6, 2008

My new love

I can't believe I have survived so many years of marriage without a proper mixer. We received a hand mixer as a wedding gift almost 10 years ago and beings that Tim and I are both kind of cheap, we decided there was no need to spend money on a mixer as long as we had that little hand held thing. It worked just fine. And stand mixers are stupidly expensive. But deep down I longed for a nice, sturdy stand mixer in all it's shiny glory. I started to realize my dream when the little hand mixer bit the dust last month. I convinced Tim that instead of spending 40 bucks on another hand mixer we might as well save up and get the real deal. He agreed it was time. I began to do my homework and started shopping around. I decided to stick with a good ol' KitchenAid because that's what my mom had so it's what I used when I first learned to bake. The thought just gives me the warm fuzzies. I stuck with the standard tilt head because my sister has one with the bowl lift design and she hates it but I won't bore you with all that. So, I finally found my love on ebay and put in my bid. A couple of weeks ago, the UPS man delivered my shiny black beauty. I was out of town and so I called Tim to check the porch and see if it was there. It was! I got home that night to find that he had already opened it. What a dork. It was like ruining a little kids Christmas. I don't know what it is, but part of the fun of receiving a package is opening it even if you know what's inside. Anyway, I plugged it in and immediately started mixing whatever I could find. I love it!

I made my first chocolate mousse pie last night and it was to die for! I couldn't even get a picture taken before it was half gone or before Andy swiped his fingers across the top. I don't usually toot my own horn, but this is one gooooood pie.

2 comments:

mtduckgirl said...

Sweet Niblets Liv, that's awesome!! I want a stand mixer (sigh - I think you actually have to have some place to put it though, oh well, something to buy for myself when I graduate from Grad School and get my own place)!! I love your photos!! Umm, so can you send me some chocolate silk pie - no not the recipe - an actual pie!!! Okay, I'll take a recipe if you can't send an actual pie....

Elizabeth said...

I honestly wonder how people live without one of these! I've had mine forever! I did burn out the motor this last Christmas, really bad timing, but dad was able to haul the 45 pound thing up to Montana and fix it. Lucky me!