Monday, September 22, 2008

Wounded

I've always prided myself on having pretty high pain tolerance until the other day. While slicing up some squash, I managed to slice into my finger as well. It was a pretty good bleeder, so I put pressure on it like a good boy scout, got out the gauze and tape and wrapped it up good. But it actually made me a little woozy. It was really weird. I hate to admit it but I had to lay down on the couch. So I'm laying there and our cat Squirt jumps up on me to see what's going on.

Just a quick history on the cat - he loooooves Q-tips. He flips them around and chases them, he chews on them, he packs them around in his mouth like a cigarette, then he chews on them some more, and when the cotton on each end starts wearing off, he deposits them in his food dish.




Anyway, back to my finger. I mention the cats Q-tip obsession because he spotted my gauze taped finger.


So I'm laying on the couch with the cat, thinking "oh nice kitty coming to snuggle with me and make me feel better", when all of a sudden I feel a long sharp tooth penetrate the gauze and slide right down into my fresh cut. Apparently I had fashioned my finger into a giant Q-tip. Naturally I started screaming obscenities at the cat which really must have confused him because he just looked up at me and bit down harder. Yes, he finally let go, and yes, I whimpered like a little girl, and no I didn't get the opportunity to kick him across the room.

The squash turned out great though.

No comments: