Sunday, August 31, 2008

Tidbits

Andrew started second grade last Wednesday. I was actually kind of sad this year. Last year I was so excited to send him off so I could go about my day without him complaining about how bored he was or gripe about being drug to Walmart. This year I got a little misty eyed not having my annoying little boy around. That might sound a little mean but the little bugger never shuts his pie hole. (That probably sounds mean too). I love him dearly but holy cow! For example, on the ride home from church today, which is over 3 miles, he talked the entire time. Fifteen minutes straight about buying an RV, not just a regular camper, and going somewhere and living in it and having to empty the toilets out. And how when we are at church the cats stay home and have cat church under the bed. (He just walked in on me writing this and beings that he can read now he just rolled his eyes at me and walked out). Anyway, he went on and on, and then he says, "Hey mom, do you know what I'm talking about?" Since I hadn't listened to much of what he said I just did the classic mumbling mom answer for yes, "Mmm hhh". Anyway, as obnoxious as he can be, he is my little buddy and I miss him when he's at school. I've gotten so used to his monologuing that the house is so darn quiet when he's gone. It's just me, the sounds of the washer and dryer and those church going cats.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I've got a couple kids you can borrow now and then...if only I was closer! UGH! I need a day of quiet!!