Friday, August 8, 2008

Fair Week

I hate the fair. It was great fun when I was younger but now it does absolutely nothing except give me a giant headache. And now I don't even have to ride the rides to feel like I'm going to throw up. Just watching them spinning around does enough damage. Especially when it's 98 degrees and muggy and everybody stinks.
I will admit I did have a little fun despite the giant headache. Andrew begged and begged to go to our fair this year (the last several years we've skipped ours and gone up to the little po-dunk county fair in Plains with my sisters family). This year was more fun I suppose because Tim was able to come along beings that we stayed in town. He impressed all the kids in the fun house by spinning into a handstand in the big spinning barrel. Andrew thought his dad was 'the man'. The funnest part was the ridiculously huge lightning storm that rolled in and sent everyone into a frenzy. Andrew was freaked out and I was disappointed because I had just bought some fry bread that ended up getting soaked in the rain. I haven't seen a lightning storm like that in a while. It was a great way to end the day! We managed to get on the shuttle bus alive which was a huge relief for Andrew. We were soaked through - fry bread and all - but I have to admit we did have a great time.

Me & Andy on the Ferris Wheel
Go Timmy go! 1/4 of the way there...use those muscles!

almost there - hang on!

Glad to be out of the rain & lightning and on our way home!

No comments: