Thursday, February 26, 2009

Valentines Day

I'm just now finishing up getting all my programs loaded back on the computer and realized the computer was down over Valentines and I hadn't posted anything.

It was really no big deal. Tim and I aren't the goopy romantic types. But we did decide that whatever we ate that day had to be heart shaped. This was our dinner:


Andrew and I made a big heart shaped cookie. He wanted to leave it as is, no adding red hots or anything to make it red. This kid likes things basic.


Then we made one of our family favorites, homemade pizza. Of course we had to make those heart shaped too. One pepperoni and cheese, just the way Andy likes it, and one with pepperoni and lots of veggies for me and Tim.



This is about as 'into' Valentines Day as we get. But it was fun. Maybe we'll make it a tradition.

4 comments:

Suzy said...

Beautiful and nummy looking cookie and pizza. How do you get your pizza stone black?

Liv said...

You season it similar to a cast iron pan. Rub it good with oil and put in the oven. I did my stone several times to get it nice and black.

Suzy said...

Cool! Of course we never make pizza. We're gonna have to start. I'm sure there's a healthy way to make it.

Hey Andy- Did you eat your cookie? You need to make one for Gramma and Grampa when we come to Montana!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea for pizza. We love making our own pizza also. I'll have to try this shape. It looks fun. I think my son would get a kick out of it.
Have Fun & Enjoy!
Tracy