Friday, February 20, 2009

Irksomeness Finds Happiness

It's sad how plugged in we are these days. My computer pooped out on me and left me for a week with hardly a thing to do but mope around and sometimes spout a naughty word at my hard drive. Thanks go out to my computer savvy bro Aaron who put up with my annoying phone calls for help. Even he, the genius of the family, was stumped and I resorted to wiping out my operating system to start anew. Luckily I was able to get into safe mode and back everything up beforehand.

Anywho, I've been really bored this past week without my beloved internet. No offense to my sister and her fam damily, whom we visited on Monday. That was fun. Other than that short stint of happiness, I had no idea what to do with my spare time. How pathetic.

This past week has made me realize that I need a project badly! Fortunately, just before my computer went haywire I purchased a vinyl cutter online which is now in my hot little hands. I've been wanting one for several years. Now I will be in project mode from here on out. YiPpEe! Don't tell Tim. He still doesn't know I bought one. Even though it's been sitting right here on the desk for 4 days. I figure it'll take him at least two more weeks to notice it. And then he'll ask me the dreaded question of how much it cost. We normally discuss large purchases together before the purchase actually takes place but to be honest I got a little carried away on ebay one night with the adrenaline and all...and accidentally won it. Aaahhhh, it is what it is! My sister's got a friend who'd like me to sell my little crafty doo-dads in her store when they open up in a couple more months so hopefully I can bring in a little dough with my new gadget. I'm going to pick me up some wood today, put on my sexy protective goggles and fire up the miter saw and start making some lovely vinyl signs. I love working in the shop - actually it's an over-crowded garage with a smelly cat box in the corner but someday I'm going to have a beautiful shop. Someday...aaahhh. I'm totally rambling. The moral of the story is that I really missed my computer but now I'm happy. Later.

5 comments:

Suzy said...

Daddy says to NOT get too attached to the saw as you only have about two more months in your cat box smelly garage in your sexy goggles to work before we show up and snag it back from you. Have fun projecting. Our Arizona room is about done and we're thinking when the kitchen on the lake gets finished we're done with projecting. Can you picture dad and I NOT projecting?! Went to Mesa to do some temple stuff yesterday. Had a great day! Bryan did his "farewell" talk in church today. He was amazing! The girls in Mexico are gonna be swooning for him. He's spiritual, handsome, a great speaker, and can sing. And he already has a cool missionary story to tell. A complete package. And he was chasing Marianna all over the Temple grounds yesterday and packing her on his shoulders- in his suit. She's gonna miss him. I need to ask him if his talked to his girl, yet, about him being gone for two years (meaning the four year old). His real life girl has moved to Utah to go to school. The cool thing is her mom is from Mexico and that's where he's going on his mission. Gotta go eat.

Liv said...

I know. The saw isn't mine. So sad.

Suzy said...

Ohhhh- Daddy will let you use it any time! He just needs it to finish the kitchen. Don't know what he's gonna do with all his tools when he finishes projecting as he says he's going to do.

Liv said...

Sell them to me of course.

Suzy said...

There ya go!