Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas

Christmas came and went. We were lucky enough to have my mommy here visiting for the festivities. (Yeah I'm in my thirties and still call my parents mommy and daddy.) She's been wintering down in Arizona and wanted to come up for Andrew's baptism on Jan. 3rd. Her plane came in on the 24th and we had a nice Christmas Eve dinner at our house, just the 4 of us. She stayed until later the next day and then she headed up to Plains to visit the zoo and we headed out to Tim's parents' for Christmas dinner and a little sledding (I forgot to take my camera out there). All in all it was a pretty relaxing couple of days and nothing overly exciting or funny to report...except that Tim got a onesie.


This little piggy went to market


Making cookies for Santa

Andrew made this at school for us...a snowman with Andy's face on it.

This was Andrew's favorite present...'Potty Putty' that makes fart noises when you squoosh it. Why would Santa leave something like that?

How many grandmas do you know that are cool enough to wear Spongebob pants?

Grandma Sue got a family book from us made here. Grandma Vicky got one too.


Andrew got more climbing holds for his rock wall. So now we can finally finish this project. (I got a ski helmet I was breaking in).


And finally...a drumroll please for the onesie...

Yes, those are penguins.

Seriously...we are very blessed and grateful for all that we have, especially in these crazy, unsettling times. But most importantly we are very grateful for our family and the relationships that we have. My mom put together a 'treasure box' for each of us. She contacted everybody in the family and had them tell something they admire about all their siblings and even their siblings spouses and kids. She wrote everything down on cards, organized them by family, and put them in boxes for each of us. She put some blank cards in as well so we can continue to add to it. It was so fun to read what everyone had written! Thanks mom for all the hard work you put into that! We love it!

3 comments:

mtduckgirl said...

Tim, you are lookin' hot my good friend!! Liv, where are your matching onesies?

Jandi said...

Yes, Liv, where are your matching pj's? Cute pictures though. Sounds like you had a happy Christmas. Have a great New Year!

Liv said...

I enjoy making Tim look stupid but not myself.