Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Eve 2010


We were milling around the house on the morning of Christmas eve not really doing anything. Tim was in the office tying flies or something and Andrew and I were out in the living room. Andrew plunked down in front of the tv bored out of his mind. I told him if we were going to have the tv on on Christmas eve to at least find something 'Christmasy'. As he was flipping through the channels at man-speed, I caught a quick glimpse of The Nutcracker and told him to go back.

For the most part, I actually hate the Nutcracker...having danced in it myself more times than I care to remember...the music kind of grates on my nerves.

Anyway, Andrew verrryy reluctantly changed the channel back to the ballet.

It was the Sugar Plum pas de deux.

Seeing a guy in tights is no big deal to me at all. I grew up with men in tights. A guy in jeans, a guy in sweatpants, a guy in tights...it's all the same to me.

But something about this particular Sugar Plum Cavalier was more than a little eye popping. Lets just say he was very genetically blessed.

I just sat there watching the tv trying to concentrate on the dancing. Then I peeked over at Andrew. He was literally frozen in his chair, staring at the television with a look of pure disgust, confusion and dismay on his face. I was hoping it was just because of the simple fact that I was making him watch ballet and not for the other reason mentioned above. But no...

Without taking his eyes off the tv, Andrew scrunched up his face even further than it already had been and said in the most horrified voice,

"Did that guy stuff something down his pants?"

Ahhh, priceless.

5 comments:

mtduckgirl said...

Ohh my, you just gave me a good laugh for the night!! That's awesome. Don't they were a cup or something when they dance? Or is that just for sports. I'm seriously interested to know. Or do they just let it hang tight in the spandex of the tights?? Awkward.

Liv said...

Yeah, they wear a jock strap. But honestly, this guy was wearing like a baseball helmet or something down there. Poor Andrew was mortified.

mtduckgirl said...

haaaaa-haaaa - that is crazy hilarious! Ohh, Andrew getting introduced to ballet life. You've got to wonder if the guy ever gets harassed about.

Suzy said...

Thanks for my best laugh of the day. Brought tears to my eyes. I guess a cup would make it hard to dance but I think I always thought that was what they used.

Liv said...

Oh they wear a cup/jock strap...I guess I didn't specify that.