Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Wonder Woman

When I was a little girl I desperately wanted to be Wonder Woman.

Well, I also wanted to be Princess Leia or R2-D2...I did have the R2-D2 underoos which made me feel totally awesome but maybe we can discuss that later.

Wonder Woman was great. I used to take construction paper and make myself wrist bands and that little headband crown-looking thingy. I wanted more than anything to be Wonder Woman. Yesterday, I got my wish.

Andrew loves eggnog (he hates most food, so it's a big deal when he says he loves anything). So yesterday, after I dropped him off at school, I thought I'd try my hand at homemade eggnog. Mmmm good...no, no, I didn't put cognac or rum in it or anything.

By the time Andrew got home from school, the eggnog had chilled long enough and was ready for the ultimate taste test from the ultimate picky critic. When I told Andy that I had made him some eggnog, he put his hands up in the air and starting bowing...up down up down...chanting "eggnog, eggnog, eggnog". I was like, whoa that's weird. I poured him some and he tasted it and then said something about it giving him "the jollies" (seriuosly, no rum). I missed the bulk of that sentence but to be sure, he was acting very strange. Then he went and plunked down at the kitchen table and said..."Wow, mom. I just don't get it. You can make homemade bread...and pizza...and now eggnog".

I said, "That's because I'm Wonder Woman."

He just looked at me and smiled. I think I've got him convinced.


No comments: