Monday, November 3, 2008

Heartbreaker

After trick or treating, the boys had a sleepover at our house. They watched The Nightmare Before Christmas and then talked and giggled from their sugar high and then the next thing I know they were OUT cold. Ben had to go home early the next morning to go to a Grizzly Football game with his dad (they kicked some Northern Arizona butt). Andrew walked him home and then came back looking rather glum. He told me he might need to see a nurse.

Me: "Why do you think you need to see a nurse?"

Andrew: "I just feel kind of weird."

Me: "Are you sad because Ben had to go home?"

Andrew: "Yeah...it felt like a brother that had to go away."

I'm sure most of you know by now that we can't have any more kidlets so any time Andrew says anything about having a brother or sister it just breaks my heart!!! But I'm so glad he has such a fantastic friend in Ben. They are two peas in a pod and if his family ever moves we'll probably have to follow them!

No comments: