Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Jumping on the bandwagon

Everywhere you look across blogland, people are making their own chalkboards. So I decided to follow the crowd. They're great for putting up your dinner menu or birthday greetings, lovey dovey crap, or whatever. I love mine! Even Tim thinks it's pretty cool...which is saying something, coming from a man and all.

So, dig up a large, old, framed picture...I got this beauty for $2.50 at our local thrift store.


Get yourself a can of chalkboard spray paint - paint on a couple coats...

Let it dry for 24 hours...then rub all over with chalk...

...wipe off and it's ready to write on. Simple, cheap, and fun! I never thought I would have a big chalkboard in my dining room and actually think it was cool!

2 comments:

mtduckgirl said...

Way Cool! Thanks.

Karalene Ludlow said...

This is very cool :) ... thanks for sharing ~