Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Arts and Crafts Store

A couple of weeks ago we were standing in the kitchen and Tim says to Andy, "Hey Andy guess what tomorrow is? It's Daddy-Bubber day!" (note: Bubbers was Andrews' nickname as a baby and Tim's day off other than Sunday is Monday. So Mondays are their big day together, hence Daddy-Bubber day).

Andy was very excited and said, "Let's go to Michaels!"

Tim was hoping he would say, 'lets go fishing or hiking, or shooting bows and arrows'. He looked at me with his eyes popped wide and says, "I'm a complete failure as a father."

I looked back and said, "Yes you are."

Basically Andrew gets drug around with me a lot and I have to bribe him any possible way I can. Beings that he is really, and I mean really into Halloween, the only way to drag him with me to Michaels without him having a cow is to remind him of all the cool Halloween stuff they have. It works every time. So now he thinks Michaels is pretty cool - cool enough to invite his dad.

Monday rolled around, Andrew gets home from school and Tim was hoping he had forgotten about Michaels so they could go do something manly. Nope. Tim was a good sport and went to Michaels. Of course I had to go with to document it.



2 comments:

Stockettclan said...

lever, just read thru all your stories. how funny!!!!!!!! i laughed my butt off. keep it up, they add a bit of variety to my day.

Elizabeth said...

Could Tim look any more unimpressed? I love it! Kind of like Scott playing with dolls! Makes life good!