Wednesday, April 21, 2010

New Floors

Before


While Aaron and my mom were here in February, I got a major hankering to tear my nasty green carpet out. My mom was supposed to be on vacation and I think she started panting and hyperventilating when I mentioned my desires to her. Aaron is super mellow and just goes with the flow so I don't think he cared what we did. They were both super good sports though and helped me with the tearing out...sort of.



It was a bigger job than I had anticipated, even for a little house. So we got the carpet out, went on our ski trip and left it at that for a few days so they could enjoy the rest of their vacation.

After Aaron had gone back home, we got started on the new flooring. We got the dining room in pretty quick with the help of my brother in law, who just happened to be in town for some grocery shopping or something like that, and Tim was home so there were lots of extra hands. After that, it was pretty much up to me to finish the job...my mom headed back up to Plains to make the most beautiful prom dress you've ever seen...and Tim, well he works like 27 hours a day so he helped when he could...

Progress


I kind of prefer to work alone anyways. It's just really exhausting putting a floor in by yourself. Lots of up and down, up and down, down to measure, up to cut, down to lay, uuuggghhhhh. I don't think I will be doing this again anytime soon.

But seriously, who could bring sexy back better than me with this getup?

Notice the duct tape on the knuckles?



Next project...painting my kitchen cabinets. I can't wait!!!

PS. I still do not have any official 'after' pictures. Coming soon.

4 comments:

Suzy said...

that i'll help you with if you want- maybe.

Liv said...

Oohhhh REALLY!!! With my cabinets? That would be sooo fabulous! Don't you have enough projecting planned up at the lake? I need to figure out how to do the side panels on the cabinets. None of them are real wood and they have some weird fakey wood looking wall paper stuff on them. So I need to get the paper off and see what I need to do to prep the panels to be paintable.

Suzy said...

well, it's mid may liva. how you coming on those cabinets? we're tearing out old deck railing and between rain storms trying to put up new stuff.

Liv said...

I'm working on my yard and garden right now. Cabinets are on the back burner for a little while.