Saturday, January 30, 2010

Christmas 2009

The problem with being a procrastinator is that I put off and I put off and then I forget what it was I was putting off.

I do remember that we did have Christmas...I have pictures to prove it...but I don't remember much detail. If it weren't for pictures, I wouldn't remember anything at all.

So beings that it is almost Valentines Day, I'd better get our Christmas documented before my brain is a complete fog.

Lets see...

So, we actually got our lights up nice and early this year, just shortly after Thanksgiving, thanks to the weather.


Then we got our standard, tall, skinny sub-alpine tree.

I love my 'subbies'.

Fake trees are not allowed in our house...ever.

What's the fun if you don't have that tree smell...and sap and needles all over the place?



And besides, for a short period of time, the cats get to pretend that they are rugged, outdoor, hunter cats...instead of the fat slob indoor cats they really are.


Barbie made an appearance on Christmas Eve, courtesy of Andrew to his dad.


Then...after Andrew was tucked in bed...Santa re-gifted her.


Christmas morning...

...gotta love the matching penguin pants and robe.



My sister thought it would be funny to get Andrew a friend for Barbie...

...it didn't go over too well.


She redeemed herself by also getting him a 'Dr. Fart' pen and a whoopi cushion.


I asked Santa for a Beater Blade...I like it...I'm still trying to decide if I absolutely love it.

(God bless black and white for early morning, no-makeup pictures)


Timmy got some fancy new ski goggles with fancy hinge thingies so they stay sucked to your face even when worn over a helmet...






Andrew looooooves Calvin & Hobbes...thanks to ebay, he scored 12 Calvin & Hobbes books.


All done...time to go sledding...



The End

4 comments:

Stockettclan said...

I love you Liva. This blog made my morning!! Very, very funny and great pix of your fam!!!!

Suzy said...

i haven't been on your blog or ours for a month so this was so fun. it made my day, too, nik. what a hoot!

Suzy said...

and you are absolutely gorgeous liva! you're so lucky to have some of your daddy's genes.

Liv said...

What are you talking about Suzy? You're a babe!