Sunday, January 3, 2010

9 Years Old


Andrew turned 9 years old.

He requested:
1.) Homemade cheesecake (that's my boy!)

2.) Cupcakes (for the kids who "don't like cheese in their cake", an issue from birthdays past - little did they know the cupcakes were topped with cream cheese frosting...suckers!)

3.) Red balloons and footballs

Every year, I tell myself that I'm going to tell people not to bring gifts but I always wimp out. I would love to have a party with no gifts (a.k.a more clutter). Maybe next year.




Playing with the Hot Wheels color shifter cars in the bathroom.


Cousin Tanner was, as usual, more interested in the vaccuum than anything else.



It was a pretty eventful day. We ended up with a firetruck and ambulance in front of the house because one of the little boys is apparently severely allergic to cats and was really struggling to breath. I'm so glad my sister-in-law was there because she's the one that noticed...I was busy dishing up cake and ice cream. Apparently, his parents had just recently found out he was allergic to cats but had no idea it was so severe so they hadn't thought to ask if we had any when they dropped him off. Fortunatley, he was alright. It was just the suckiest birthday party he'd ever been to I'm sure.

Other than that, it was a fantastic day with cousins and friends and lots of yummy sweets.

Happy birthday, buddy!

2 comments:

Suzy said...

sounds like a blast andy! crap, liva, and you are so anal about keeping the cat hair cleaned up. so glad it all turned out all right!

Suzy said...

tanner is too hilarious! it will be interesting to see how long his fascination lasts.