Thursday, September 16, 2010

Grandma

My grandma turned the big 9-0 on May 1st. Woohoo! We had tried planning a huge blowout with tons of family coming in from all over but it just didn't materialize. Some family came up and spent her actual birthday with her. Andrew and I made it up with my sister and her family and my parents over mothers day weekend.

Because there were so many of us...mostly my sister's small, screaming children, we were in no way going to all be able to fit in grandma's house to spend the night. One of my uncles was already staying over with grandma as it was. So my uncle Roger loaned us his very cute, very small, very rustic, true Montana style lake cabin. It was pouring rain outside and crazy cold. We had a great time. We stuffed some of the kids up in the loft, scattered some on the floor, and the adults stayed up into the wee hours of the morning playing the train game...and a few of us didn't smell so good, if you know what I mean...not a good thing when you're all crammed in a small space.

Grandma with her four kids, including my cute mommy.



Random pics...unfortunately I didn't take many pictures.



Going to church with grams. She loves taking family to church with her.
(What little sun there was, was sure blinding all of us. Look at poor Turner!)



On the way home, we came upon this rainbow over the lake. It was a true double rainbow...which you can't really see here. It's not a great picture. It was raining hard and I was trying to not get hit by a car so I just snapped quick. It was so close...just sitting there in the water right off the shore. As we rounded the corner it moved with us for a while and then we drove right through it and it disappeared over the top of the car. Rainbows are cool but rainbows over Flathead Lake are fabulous.

And grandmas are especially fabulous.

3 comments:

mtduckgirl said...

That is an awesome rainbow picture!!!
P.S. I like your cute jacket in the family pic!

Suzy said...

This is a great pix Liva. Lots of cool things about it like the rainbow going into the water, but mostly I love the stuff on shore. It almost looks like a painting, so colorful. It has a fake look about it or something. There's just so much color going on on the shoreline. Great picture. You need to enlarge and print it.

Suzy said...

It'd make a great poster!