Thursday, April 2, 2009

Ski Day

We just got back from most likely our last ski trip of the season. So sad. It was fabulous fun. We spent the night with my sister and headed out early the next morning with a couple of Andrews cousins, Maddy and Kelsey, and went to Blacktail. The snow was beautiful and the weather was perfect. Andrew had a great ski day. We never know what kind of attitude he's going to be in when we get on the ski hill. He usually picks one run that he likes the best and that's the only one he wants to ski on all day long and he won't have it any other way. Stubborn little bugger. Uggg. Yesterday he was all over the mountain. He had a blast! It's a great mountain for him. (I think it had something to do with the two gorgeous blonds we brought with us). Tim had his GPS with him and stuck it in Andy's pocket. Andy would zip down a run and then stop and want to check the GPS for his speed. His top speed was 24.5 mph. Not too bad for a little guy.

There's something about Blacktail that just gives us bad luck though. We always have car problems after skiing there. I won't get into details on that because it's boring. Let's just say it's kind of scary to come down a hill with no brakes.

Anyway, I have no skiing pictures. (Kelsey, email me some pictures quick okay!) I dropped my camera on the basement floor at my sisters house. It's an unfinished basement, therefore concrete. The camera hasn't worked since. I couldn't be happier. It was a piece of crap. Now I have a perfect excuse to start looking around for a lovely new camera. The only problem is, I just recently bought that silly vinyl cutter (which I love and caress often) so there's no way Tim is going to be in the mood to spend moolah on a camera right now. Oh yeah, and then there's that brake issue with the van. I might not have pictures on my blog for a very long time.

5 comments:

mtduckgirl said...

Yay for broken cameras and new cameras! Booo for tight budgets (just kidding budgets are great). Sorry about the broken camera and happy for the well loved vinyl cutter! I come home in two weeks!! Can't tell you how excited I am. See you then. By the way, I love your blog!

Liv said...

See ya in a couple weeks Karen! I'm getting some more vinyl in the mail today. Yippee!!

Suzy said...

Gonna miss your pix Liva. We'll be home soon and you can use my camera when we're there. Have Timmy find us a Cadillac. I found one at Carl Tyler but they want too much for it. We're gonna clean up the Cruiser and put new tires on it. We would give Timmy a commission for selling it. What does he usually get on a used car. If Karl Tyler still has the car when we get there I'm gonna go negotiate a cash deal with them. Would you guys be interested in going a driving it for us sometime before we get there. Have Tim decide what kinda price we could offer. It's a 2003 I think with 72,000 miles on it. Could be an '04. They want 10,999 for it. I'm thinking we could offer $8,000. See what Tim thinks of those figures. I'm gonna go online and see if I can figure out what they might have given for it. Glad you guys had an awesome ski trip- except for the van. I'm so jealous! Miss the skiing.

Liv said...

I'll have Timmy call you tonight. We picked up the van and took it over to Lithia instead. Tim thought their shop rate would be really expensive even with his employee discount so we dropped it off at another place. Turns out he gets a really good deal so we took it to Lithia this morning. They think it should be an easy fix. When are you guys planning on coming back up? It's still pretty chilly up here but you could live with us for a couple weeks and we could play THE GAME every night!

Suzy said...

i wish you guys had a guest room it's so hard on your daddy to sleep away from home as it is and when he has to sleep on a couch or floor he really suffers. but it is what it is. it's tempting to see if we could find a temporary apartment for about a month. we could stay with mom! i think we're gonna head out of here on the 28th of april and caravan with fred. so there's gonna be three of us at least. we may have to get a room with fred. that wouldn't be too bad if we split the cost. anyway, we'll be going to eureka the 30th probably. we may go through plains and see stocketts on the way. then we may take you up on an extended stay until we can get water running at the lake. or we may wait until into may to come up since it's so cold. and fred will have new puppies. he might want to wait too. we'll let you know sweetie. going to tucson tomorrow to try and match paint so i can get the arizona room painted. gonna look at cars while we're there and maybe drive one just to see if we really want to do this cadillac thing.